Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He is Official

We went to court on Monday, April 12 to finalize Jax's adoption. Jax is now officially a Lowry! It was such a cool day. I have never been to court so it was quite the experience. Let's just say I am a big cry baby and was very emotional through the whole thing (let's just blame it on the extra hormones running through my blood). It is so nice to know that he is now ours. As cool as this day was I am even more excited to take him to the temple. Less than 2 weeks and then he is ours forever.


This is a picture from the back of the courtroom. It was surprisingly very official, it was a little strange to be sworn in and I found myself giggling a bit. Our lawyer luckily was very lighthearted and kept making jokes. He made sure to point out that he is ours through all of lifes trials including Jax turning 16.

Judge Toomey. I am not going to lie she was definitely a little intimidating although very nice.

Our family following the trial. Yes my face is red from crying.


Our family that came.


We feel very lucky to be able to be Jax's parents. We love this kid more than we ever imagined we could. He has become such an important and vital part of our lives. We are so grateful for adoption and for the chance this has given us to be his parents. We love you Jax!!!